Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dreamin' with my eyes wide-open



Early Saturday morning and I'm sitting here alone in the living room. It's the first day of Winter Vacation and tonight the girls are coming over for a Girl's Night! Whoo hoo. It seems as if everything insane is happening right now. For the past two weeks it has been snowing... and snowing... and snowing... Oh! And did I mention that it has been snowing? Even looking out the window right now all I see is gray skies and guess what is falling from it? That's right. Snow. Not only has it been snowing for the past two weeks, but I have been like, half-way sick too. For TWO weeks!
There is one thing that is keeping my spirits up though... *anticipation building* I'm probably going to the USA this summer! I'm going home, baby! I have gotten a job, (albeit not the best one, but a job none the less) and will definitely be making enough to buy a ticket to my homeland. Insane-ity, right? I was looking at plane ticket prices just yesterday and I almost threw my computer at the wall in excitement. You know why? Because it was just so cheap and I can pay that amount! I was almost crying on the bus home thinking about seeing my family again. Thinking about those sandy beaches of Florida, being extremely tan again (like I used to be 365 days of the year when I lived there), walking through Target, eating Tacobell, and an ENGLISH speaking country (no need for Norwegian! hahaha). I was thinking about cheap clothes and sunny days, flip flops, learning to drive, drinking Starbucks, buying books... the list goes on and on!

I never cried or felt this huge longing for home when I first came to Norway. For a long time, Florida was just another place and Norway my new home. I was (and still am) very happy here, but now its been almost 4 years and with one plane ticket dangling in my face, the home-sickness is beginning to over take me. I'm, literally, almost crying every time I think about it.
Baby, I'm seriously dreaming with my eyes wide-open and this is one dream that might just come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment